What is a VPN and what it does for your work – VPNs have been around for a long time but only certain people use them. VPNs are also still in use today. VPN or virtual private network is a service that allows users to access the web safely and encrypted / secretly.
What is a VPN virtual private network
VPN / virtual private netwok functions to provide internet access services to websites privately and more safely. Security in VPN is guaranteed because VPN can change the connection path that passes through the server while hiding any exchange of data accessed by the user while surfing the internet.
explanation of each word on the Virtual Private Network:
- Virtual: things that are not real or fake, in cyberspace / internet
- Private: things that are private, cannot be accessed by just anyone. To keep it secret from public networks, all data will be encrypted
- Network: a network of connected connections
Also Read: The importance of social media management
VPN function in maintaining data confidentiality
VPN functions in maintaining the confidentiality of data so that unauthorized people cannot access the data carelessly. It is much safer than ordinary or public networks that can be accessed by anyone. There are more threats to hackers or crackers by accessing through public networks.
Benefits of a VPN in general
With a VPN, all data transmissions that occur between computers or personal gadgets will be encrypted so that they are safe from unwanted parties.
In general, the benefits of using a VPN are as follows:
- More guaranteed privacy with the encryption feature of the ISP when surfing the internet. VPN users can hide their IP address so that the other party won’t know the user’s geographic location. If the VPN type is premium, the user’s location will move every 10 minutes to the various countries specified.
- VPN also provides a remote access feature that is useful for accessing computer networks at the office or anywhere via the internet network.
- VPN helps keep your internet network safe from hackers, and other people who are not responsible.
- Using a VPN on a large local network can be done at a low cost because it uses an existing internet network without having to build your own network.
Pros of a VPN
Can freely choose the IP address from any country.
The advantage you can get if you use a VPN application on Android is that you are free to choose an IP address from another country. But most Indonesian users prefer an IP address from Singapore. Apart from the proximity, the connection speed is also very fast.
No more Network Filter.
In cooperation with providers in Indonesia, prohibited sites will not be accessible by being directed to Internet Positive. But apparently not as long as only the forbidden sites are blocked by the government and Kominfo. There are even some useful sites that are blocked for some people. But take it easy, with the VPN application these blocked sites can be accessed again.
Can be used for free.
the free version of the VPN app is enough to get most of the things you want.
The connection is safer, faster and anti-tracking.
Singapore servers, for example, apart from a very fast connection, you can also feel the sensation of surfing safely and without tracking.
Easy to use.
You don’t need to do a complicated configuration, just one or two clicks VPN is already actively used on Android.
Save on network setup costs.
VPN can be used as an alternative technology to connect large local networks at a relatively small cost, because VPN technology data transmission uses existing public network media without the need to build a private network.
The ability to form a LAN network that is not limited by place and time.
because the connection is done via the internet. Any internet connection can be used such as Dial-Up, ADSL, Cable Modem, WIFI, 3G, CDMA Net, GPRS, &. This PVN system is most appropriate for the use of a centralized database to communicate between servers and clients via the internet such as Trading Applications, Purchase, P.O.S, Accounting, Cashir, Billing systems, General Ledger, etc.
Disadvantages of a VPN
- Internet connection (public network) that we cannot predict. We can understand this because basically we are just “nebeng” a connection to the other party’s network so that automatically we have no control over the network.
- More attention to safety. Again, due to the use of public networks, we need to pay more attention to prevent unwanted things such as wiretapping, hacking and cyber crime on VPN networks.
- Tapping prone
- No Primary User Controls
- Device Mismatch
- Lack of Compliance Standards